AMI Announces RockChain(TM) 2.0 and Securing $4 Million RockChain Transportation Contract
April 28, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta--(Newsfile Corp. - April 28, 2021) - Athabasca Minerals Inc. (TSXV: AMI) ("Athabasca", the "Corporation" or "AMI") is pleased to announce the following:
AMI RockChain, its wholly-owned subsidiary, has secured a transportation contract with a confidential client valued at $4 million.
The upgrade of AMI RockChain's proprietary technologies ("RockChainTM 2.0") which increases the speed and accuracy of its supply chain algorithms to support increased demand by customers and industry users.
Robert Beekhuizen, AMI's Chief Executive Officer stated: "AMI RockChain is serving a growing number of customers and projects across the nation. The power and versatility of the RockChainTM tech-platform is expanding to keep pace. In April, our integrated logistics solutions were tendered and selected as best overall value for a confidential client requiring significant trucking capacity to ensure a large delivery of industrial minerals in Q2-2021. This resulted in AMI RockChain receiving a $4 million contract.
"The frequency of RockChain bids has accelerated dramatically year-to-date, and we are now bidding numerous projects daily. With this increased activity, we have improved the automation of our supply chain processes in terms of speed and accuracy. Our most recent system upgrade was launched this month, which we deem "RockChain™ 2.0". We are capable of rapidly providing our customers with smart bids replete with market intelligence on aggregates for target locations across the country and underpinned by regional econometric data. It is exciting to see how the technology advancements and our operational excellence model are working hand-in-glove, as we bring reliable and extremely competitive delivery solutions to industry."
In terms of other corporate news, AMI Aggregates, the Corporation's base division, recently received final provincial approvals for development and operation of the Hargwen aggregates pit located between Edmonton and Jasper, Alberta. The Hargwen Pit is situated in the vicinity of anticipated highway, pipeline, and energy projects in Western Alberta.
ABOUT ATHABASCA MINERALS INC.
Athabasca Minerals is an integrated group of companies capable of full life-cycle development and supply of aggregates and industrial minerals. The Corporation is comprised of the following business units:
- AMI Aggregates division produces and sells aggregates out of its corporate pits and manages the Coffey Lake Public Pit on behalf of the Province of Alberta.
- AMI Silica division (www.amisilica.com) is positioning to become a leading supplier of premium domestic silica sand with three regional deposits located in Alberta and NE-BC (White Rabbit, Firebag and Montney), and holds a 5-year purchase agreement with Shell Canada for the supply of proppant.
- Privco1 & Privco2 are private Alberta corporations owned by AMI that hold the Montney and White Rabbit domestic sand deposits, respectively which are strategically located with respect to the Montney and Duvernay sedimentary basins. Privco2 supports the Duvernay Sand Project, which is finalizing FEED (Front-End Engineering & Development) with the participation of an international industrial partner who brings access to rail, power, industrial water and heat recovery with green benefits, utilities and infrastructure.
- AMI RockChain division (www.amirockchain.com) is a midstream, technology-enabled business that deploys its proprietary RockChain™ digital platform, associated industry econometrics, supply-chain algorithms, quality-assurance & safety programs to bring customers integrated supply-delivery solutions of industrial minerals to industry, infrastructure and construction sectors.
- TerraShift Engineering (www.terrashift.ca) was acquired by AMI RockChain in June 2020. TerraShift offers engineering and project services, proprietary technology applications such as TerraMaps, with expertise in resource exploration & development, mine planning, environmental reclamation and remediation, regulatory approvals, and compliance reporting, serving a growing customer base across Western Canada and Ontario.
For further information, please contact:
Tanya Finney, Director, Investor and Stakeholder Relations
Tel: 587-391-0548 / Email: email@example.com
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
This news release contains certain statements or disclosures relating to Athabasca that are based on the expectations of its management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to Athabasca which may constitute forward-looking statements or information ("forward-looking statements") under applicable securities laws. All such statements and disclosures, other than those of historical fact, which address activities, events, outcomes, results or developments that Athabasca anticipates or expects may, or will occur in the future (in whole or in part) should be considered forward-looking statements. In some cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of the words "would", "will", "anticipates", believes", "explores" and similar expressions.
Athabasca believes the material factors, expectations and assumptions reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable at this time but no assurance can be given that these factors, expectations and assumptions will prove to be correct. The forward-looking statements included in this news release are not guarantees of future performance and should not be unduly relied upon. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results or events to differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements including, without limitation: a significant expansion in COVID-19 restricting or prohibiting the operation of the Athabasca's facilities or significantly impacting the Company's supply chain; the duration and extent of the relatively low global oil prices; general economic, market and business conditions including those in the event of an epidemic, natural disaster or other event; increased costs and expenses; reliance on industry partners; and certain other risks detailed from time to time in Athabasca's public disclosure documents including, without limitation, those risks identified in this news release, and in Athabasca's annual information form, copies of which are available on Athabasca's SEDAR profile at www.sedar.com. Moreover, the duration and impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is unknown at this time and it is not possible to reliably estimate the length and severity of these developments and the impact on the financial results and condition of the Company. Readers are cautioned that the foregoing list of factors is not exhaustive and are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements.
The forward-looking statements contained in this news release are made as of the date hereof and the Corporation undertakes no obligations to update publicly or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, unless so required by applicable securities laws.
To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/82015