For employment opportunities at Athabasca Minerals Inc., please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The documents are kept on file for one year and only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS
SAND AND GRAVEL EXPLORATION SPECIALIST
Athabasca Minerals Inc. (ABM), based in Edmonton, Alberta, is recruiting a sand and gravel exploration specialist who will work closely with the Chief Geologist and the ABM team to explore for sand and gravel. They will provide support to other industrial mineral exploration projects, particularly during fieldwork. Days devoted to fieldwork vary throughout the year and can range from 2 to 14 days or so per month.
The exploration specialist will use their understanding of Alberta surficial geology, and the economic, social, and environmental factors affecting sand and gravel exploration and pit development to identify exploration targets. They will determine the exploration methodology, implement any fieldwork, laboratory testing, geophysical studies, and et cetera, necessary for evaluating the resource potential of the targets. Results may be reported in NI 43-101 compliant technical reports, business cases, and promotional presentations. The exploration specialist will supervise any consultants hired to assist in the projects.
The successful applicant may provide advice, calculations, and resource descriptions into the mining and reclamation plans for pits. The exploration specialist may also update the resources and reserves during the life's of the mines.
The salary will be based on the successful applicant's education and experience. The successful applicant may begin working with ABM as early as February 2017.
• 5 years of related experience
• Capable of fieldwork in remote areas
• Surficial material mapping experience
• Team oriented
• Critical thinker
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• GIS experience (ABM uses ArcGIS, Global Mapper, Google Earth, and AutoCAD)
• Alberta surficial geology
• Sand and gravel material logging
• Report writing
• Resource evaluation, NI 43-101 technical reporting standards
• Understanding of economic, social, and environmental factors affecting sand and gravel exploration and mine development
• Familiarity with surface material exploration permitting and leasing requirements
• Industrial minerals
• Exploration methods
• Exploration program planning and logistics
• Work experience in a mine or pit is beneficial
How To Apply
Please forward your resume to email@example.com